Job Title: Marketing Intern
Reports To: Assistant Director of Marketing
Job Status: Unpaid
Hours: Up to 20 hrs/week between the hours of 8:30a–5:00p, Monday – Friday
Job SummaryNational University of Health Sciences has an immediate opening for a Marketing Intern who will assist in the development and implementation of various marketing initiatives. The intern will work directly with the Public Relations Specialist and the Webmaster and get hands-on experience in various facets of public relations, content management and digital marketing. The position is designed to provide the intern with real skills that can translate into resume building and references for a future career in the dynamic field of marketing and communications. The intern should be able to work within a professional, team environment with multiple deadlines and responsibilities.
- · Assist in the execution and tracking of email marketing campaigns
- · Assist in Search Engine Marketing (SEM) efforts, including, setting up Google Adwords, Facebook campaigns and landing pages
- · Place event and promotional details into online media event calendars
- · Assist in setting up video shoots and interviews for new faculty and updating bio pages
- · Compile monthly digital marketing and social media reports
- · Monitor competitor websites, social networks and news posts
- · Help identify new online marketing opportunities, technologies and story ideas
- · Other duties as assigned
- · Undergraduate (preferably a Junior or Senior) or graduate student -- majoring in marketing, communications, public relations or journalism
- · Regular user of Microsoft Office
- · Knowledge of social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
- · Familiar with any photo editing software, such as Photoshop
- · Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- · Strong organizational and writing skills, with a creative and analytical mind
- · Desired but not necessary: familiarity with Google Analytics, AdWords, WYSIWYG, and HTML
About National University of Health Sciences
National University of Health Sciences has set standards of educational excellence in health career education since 1906. With a steadfast commitment to integrative medicine, NUHS
provides a dynamic atmosphere where students and faculty of diverse medical specialties can work together as colleagues.
NUHS offers several degrees in the field of complementary and alternative medicine, including:
- Doctor of Chiropractic Medicine
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine
- Master of Science in Acupuncture
- Master of Science in Oriental Medicine
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science completion program
- Associate of Applied Science in Massage Therapy
- Certification program in Massage Therapy
NUHS is also a center for scientific and clinical research in chiropractic and other health sciences, receiving numerous federal and private research grants, and publishing three scientific peer-reviewed journals.
NUHS maintains the nation’s highest entry standards for many of its programs, and many graduates are leaders in their profession. Students entering health care professions must complete rigorous internships in one of the university’s many clinics, or through hospital clerkships or pre-approved preceptorships with local physicians.
The university currently has two campus sites: one in Lombard, Illinois, and another in St. Petersburg, Florida.
Visit www.nuhs.edu for more information.
How to Apply
To apply, please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the internship position you are applying for.